I make digital things and solve problems.
Designing, developing, building a server, fixing bugs in obscure browsers, planning UX journeys, creating enticing UI animations - it’s all good, fun times. I’ve been passionate about all areas of designing and building websites, apps, interfaces and experiences since I made my first website with tables and spacer gifs!
I’ve been very fortunate to have worked in multiple areas at some great companies, and with some great clients. Spanning multiple disciplines has proven amazingly useful and helpful, allowing me to offer extra insight and experience when focusing on one of these areas. I’ve been lucky to have some great teachers and mentors along the way, who have helped push me in new ways, forever growing my knowledge.
Here are 7 things I also do:
- Eat a lot of Pizza (pineapple is not a topping, stuffed crust is not “cheese and bread” - it’s an art).
- Pick up heavy things at the gym and put them down again. Often in the form of a deadlift. 210KG is my record! It was really hard.
- (Those first 2 are admittedly at odds with each other… this doesn’t count as one.)
- Play games: board games, Warhammer, tabletop games, card games, video games.
- Paint miniature plastic models (see above), sometimes well enough to win me an award.
- Listen to music ALL THE TIME.
- Collect hats. I could wear 1 hat a day for a month and still have spares.
- Watch Netflix, eSports, Basketball - at the same time (one time).